An assortment of words and phrases as typed by me. It's not that I have anything to say, I just love the sound of my own typing...

Sunday 31 January 2010

Surrealism in Australian politics

Honestly, I never thought I'd see the day.  But here it is:

Liberal party in Tasmania accusing the Labor government of promising ridiculous amounts of money in order to hold onto office:
Liberals target Labor 'Cash Splash'

And on the same day the National Labor party is accusing the Liberal party of planning a "Mega Tax!"
Mega Tax will fund Abbot's climate policy: Rudd

I'm not honestly surprised.  Liberal parties have been funding Labor excesses for generations.  (This statement by Kevin Rudd sounds like pure panic, somewhat akin to his deputy's attack on Mr Abbott last week)  I think the Australian populace has got used to this, and are getting ready for another change in leading political party at the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment