About a week ago we came back from a week long vacation/conference in Mazury, not far from Olsztynek .
We had a fabulous time and the weather was mostly kind to us.
But one of the problems of holidays is that when you come back home, you have a lot more work to do.
For us, this statement was an understatement!
In the last week the following has happened to us:
- We were given notice to leave our flat
- We had to insure our car
- Our tenants in Australia stopped renting our house (without notice)
- We had to apply for a visa to stay in Poland (which involved driving about 300 kms)
- Jola had to go to daily training for her new job at pre-school
- Jola discovered that she was getting 20% less salary than we expected
- I (Malcolm) have read Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde by RLS
- The kids have both had fevers (which fortunately only lasted two days each)
- And a few other annoying things that I can't really explain in dot points
So, you'll have to forgive us if we have been a bit slack writing our latest Monthly Journal. I know it might seem that we are complaining and completely stressed, but it's not true. We are strangely calm and happy.
PS. as I have been typing up this Blog, I have received an SMS saying that we have been offered a place to rent. So sometime in the next few weeks we will be moving. Hooray!