An assortment of words and phrases as typed by me. It's not that I have anything to say, I just love the sound of my own typing...

Monday 24 August 2009

Polish in Conversation


I was told yesterday that I should learn more Polish so that I can join in with conversations. I guess I'm not much of a conversationist, so I need a bit of encouragement at the best of times.

Can someone give me a bit of help with the following statements that I could include in most Polish conversations (These may or may not be my personal views, but it should be enough to start an argument between the other members of the conversation so that I can slip quietly away and have a coffee and biscuit). If you can give me some further suggestions, I would be very happy:

POLITICS:
Mr Kaczynski is incompetent and Mr Tusk isn't doing anything.

RELIGION:
Catholicism is a good religion, but I have trouble accepting the catholic traditions that are not Biblically based, especially as Jesus said in Matthew 15 that tradition nullifies the Word of God.

BUREAUCRACY:
The main problem is that Poles don't trust other Poles. And most Bureaucrats are more worried about pieces of paper than actually getting something done.

ON FOOTBALL:
Polish footballers are good, but they can't play as a team. Is this the fault of the coach? Maybe...


No comments:

Post a Comment